Finalists in the 2016 Dulux Colour Awards were announced on 16 March. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the Dulux Colour Awards. From a record 259 entries, 80 projects from across Australia and New Zealand have been shortlisted in nine categories.
The finalists selected by the judges were characterized by playful and experimental use of colour.
“We were thrilled to see entries pushing the boundaries of colour application and incorporating both futuristic and retrospective elements – fitting with this year’s focus on the evolution of colour in design and architecture,” said Andrea Lucena-Orr, Dulux colour planning and communication manager.
The finalists will proceed to the next stage of judging by a panel of industry leaders. Winners will be announced on 28 March 2016.
On the judging panel are: Meryl Hare (Hare + Klein Interior Design), Clare Cousins (Clare Cousins Architects), James Harper (BrookingHarper and Design Institute of Australia), Matt Gibson (Matt Gibson Architecture + Design), and Alex Fulton (Alex Fulton Design).
Commercial Interior (Public Space & Hospitality)
• 8bit Burger – Architects EAT
• Alex Hotel – Arent & Pyke
• Blacktown Mount Druitt Hospital – Jacobs
• Chisnallwood Intermediate – Kyla Davies Design
• Dick Whittington Tavern – White Chalk Design
• Geelong Library and Heritage Centre – ARM Architecture
• Hellenic Republic – March Studio
• Lido Cinemas – ITN Architects
• Mater Hospital – Poche Van Norton Nursery – Alexandra Kidd Design
• Monash University Logan Hall – McBride Charles Ryan
• Pretty Beach House – Di Swinbourn COLOURDOT & Michelle Leslie Design
• Shrine of Remembrance – Redevelopment Stage 2 – ARM Architecture
• The Condensery – Somerset Regional Art Gallery – PHAB Architects
• The Refectory – Werribee Park – Doherty Design Studio